Monday, July 25, 2011

RIP AMY WINEHOUSE

"So far removed from all that we went through/And I tread a troubled track /My odds are stacked /I'll go back to black." 



A couple of days ago, the music world lost one of their greats.  It saddens me that Amy lost her battle on this earth. In working in the mental health field, I encounter all types of people that abuse substances.  Though I never have and never may encountered one as talented as Amy, I understand her fight.  I understand the self-medicating, I understand her wanting to escape her own reality.  Often times we don't know what people are going through, and I think the public will never understand.  However, I pray that she finds solace in the place that she now resides. 

I pray for her family, I pray for her friends, I pray for her fans, I pray for her soul...

RIP Amy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment